The surface of the swimming pool was restored and refinished due to spot etching in the plaster. Spot etching starts out as small spots throughout the surface. The restoration process takes a minimum of two weeks to restore.
The pool restoration and surface refinishing process included:
- Draining 40,000 gallons of water using submersible 3″ pumps
- Powerwashing pool surface using a 4500 PSI 200 degree unit
- Rinsing surface and drain the remaining water
- Applying an initial coat of Duron 2 part primer/epoxy rubberized finish
- Applying 2 coats of Duron 2 part primer/epoxy rubberized finish
- Allowing to dry for 5 complete days
- Re-filling water in pool
This restoration process restored the surface to a factory finish appearance.