The exterior work completed to resolve the Moisture and Drainage issue:
- Cleared out all retainer wall drainage outlets and placed 12″ x 12″ pavers in front to drain excess water
- Attached 8′ of drainage pipe to the downspouts and buried to re-allocate water drainage away from the foundation of the building
- Installed drainage tiles of the retainer wall
- Dug a 17″ trench the length of the building and remove truck loads of mud at the foundation surface
- Remove old metal style foundation vents
- Extended HVAC condensation lines from concrete block pad to re-direct the water drainage away from the foundation of the building
- Replaced foundation vents with new open and close louver vents which automatically open and close based on exterior temperatures. The vents completely close at temperatures under 40 degrees and open at temperatures over 40 degrees to allow crawl space to receive proper ventilation to prevent moisture build up on the joist boards, insulation, and sub-flooring. This avoids mildew and mold issues under crawl space and foundation areas
The interior work completed to resolve the Moisture and Drainage issue:
- Drilled holes in all of the bottom cinder blocks under the building to allow water to drain from interior walls of the building.
- Removed all excess water under the foundation area using a sump pump.
- Installed 1200# of drainage rock in trench to help retain water.
- Repaired major gutter leaks from exterior gutters and re-directed water from laying at the foundation of the building.
- Installed vapor barrier 14′ x 40′ on ground of foundation of the building.
- Removed all damaged and wet insulation at foundation.
- Used HEPA vac and cleaned all joist boards under floor foundation.
- Replaced and secured new insulation under total foundation.
- Ran ceramic heaters 24/7 to assist with water moisture and drying times.